Monday, May 11, 2020

Macramé Crafts

When I was college aged a friend taught me how to make hangers with yarn knotted around it. I did not know it actually had a name for this. It is called Macramé. Wikipedia says the following: "Macramé is a form of textile produced using knotting (rather than weaving or knitting) techniques." I also used this knotting method and made a headband cat ears for my daughter for a Halloween church Trunk or Treat. I was reminded with my web search that it was Macramé that I was using. Here are some links to learn how to do this type of craft.

Macramé Hangers (Yarn Knotted Hangers or Yarn Covered Hangers)
How To Make Macrame Hangers
Laced Hangers Using Macrame
Hangers – Macrame Style

Macramé Headbands (Yarn Knotted Headbands)
Yarn-Wrapped Macrame Headband

Macramé Crafts
Learn Macrame
Macrame for Kids (And Beginners, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment